What is Inspire?
Inspire therapy is the first implantable device for treating obstructive sleep apnea, or OSA, and is used when CPAP therapy fails. Inspire therapy works by stimulating the hypoglossal nerve to control muscle movement during sleep. Unlike CPAP, Inspire therapy works alongside the patient's unique natural breathing process from inside the body.
Am I a candidate for Inspire?
Inspire is not for everyone. The following is a list of characteristics that may make you a good candidate for Inspire therapy:
- In good health
- Not overweight
- Suffer from obstructive sleep apnea
- Experience lack of oxygen while sleeping
- Suffer from sleep deprivation
- Have trouble staying awake during the day
- Have or are at risk of heart disease, heart attack, stroke, depression, and memory loss
- Had unsuccessful treatment through CPAP
If you or your loved one are interested in learning more about the best course of treatment for your sleep apnea, call us today to get started.